Security Consultant: Cyber Risk and Compliance
The Elevate Technology Group is an Oregon IT Services and engineering firm headquartered in Portland, Oregon. Established in 2010 with a passion for investing in people while creating technology solutions with a foundation of honesty and integrity. At our core, we are a team of able service and software engineers. Our team members are humble professionals focused on helping people succeed – both our customers and each other. At the same time, we know what’s important: family, healthy relationships, and well-balanced work life.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we challenge our team members with meaningful projects that grow their skills. Through communication and collaboration, we share knowledge and rely on our collective strengths. Our deeply held belief in a learning culture is demonstrated by our investment in continuing education, mentoring programs, and frequent interpersonal communication. Continuous learning and improvement aren’t just what we do; it’s who we are. We mentor, inspire and challenge each other.
The Elevate Technology Group works with companies of all sizes, capabilities, and industries including legal, medical, manufacturing and retail. The one constant: investment in technology is critical to day-to-day operation and business growth.
Our people are passionate about technology, and we work hard on keeping it that way. In the end, we raise each other’s game and have each other’s back.
The Elevate team can be described as trustworthy, reliable, open collaborative professional problem solvers working in diverse environments across a variety of technology stack and tools.
We are looking for team members with:
- Proven experience in information security, IT audit and IT risk management principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of cyber security frameworks, insurance, and risk management
- Current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to company systems
- Well-developed interpersonal skills: the role of an IT security/compliance consultant demands the ideal candidate must be able to work efficiently with teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives.
- Excellent time management skills to meet client or organization’s demands and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to prepare clearly written, organized documents, reports and communications that can be circulated to all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field plus 3-5 or more years of experience.
- The desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Perform audits, identify gaps and work with policies and procedures to address client security risks. Help assess and document client security posture, risks and requirements.
- Analyzing all necessary security frameworks, compliance requirements and coming up with appropriate solutions based on client needs.
- Collaboratively develop and assist clients to implement new policies and procedures, and providing necessary training to other stakeholders and management
- Develop, implement, and monitor risk-based compliance programs to assure compliance with client, insurance, and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as an information and analytics source for all data requests while collaborating with client compliance or audit needs.
- Manages and/or coordinates security/compliance audits or examinations conducted by external client parties.
- Identifies issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Facilitate, and promote activities to create and improve information security awareness
- Consult with client stakeholders comprised of managers, HR, and senior business unit leadership to gain a deep understanding of compliance reporting needs
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to company systems.
Must be organized and adaptable
Must have 2 years of experience
Must be dependable and able to work independently
Must be able to multitask
- Competitive salary with annual reviews.
- Work-Life Balance with a focus on families.
- Paid Time Off.
- Paid Holidays.
- Dependant Care Flex Accounts.
- Insurance options including Health, Vision, Dental, and Supplemental.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Position: Security Consultant: Cyber Risk and Compliance
Know someone qualified for the job?
Share this posting with a friend!