Are you a team-oriented engineer? Enthusiastic about technology? Elevate is looking to add dedicated, eager, open-minded engineers to our Portland office.
The Elevate Technology Group is an Oregon IT Services and engineering firm headquartered in Portland, Oregon. Established in 2010 with a passion for investing in people while creating technology solutions with a foundation of honesty and integrity. At our core, we are a team of able service and software engineers. Our team members are humble professionals focused on helping people succeed – both our customers and each other. At the same time, we know what’s important: family, healthy relationships, and well-balanced work life.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we challenge our engineers with meaningful projects that grow their skills. Through communication and collaboration, we share knowledge and rely on our collective strengths. Our deeply held belief in a learning culture is demonstrated by our investment in continuing education, mentoring programs, and weekly brainstorming sessions. Continuous learning and improvement aren’t just what we do; it’s who we are. We mentor, inspire and challenge each other.
The Elevate Technology Group works with companies of all sizes, capabilities, and industries including legal, medical, manufacturing and retail. The one constant: investment in technology is critical to day to day operation and business growth.
Our people are passionate about technology, and we work hard on keeping it that way. In the end, we raise each other’s game and have each other’s back.
Elevate engineers can be described as trustworthy, reliable, open collaborative professional problem solvers working in diverse environments across a variety of technology stack and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives.
- Excellent team skills, including mentoring and supporting others.
- Proven experience writing modern software and web applications.
- Proven experience with normalized database design and development.
- Organized, goal-oriented, motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of agile software development, automated testing and unit test is beneficial.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field plus 3-5 or more years of experience.
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written.
- The desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- "Above and Beyond" client-facing customer service with acute active listening skills.
- Organizational skills to follow-through on outstanding issues or commitments.
- Effective communicator to fully understand problems, reiterate and explain simplistically a path to resolution with ownership to completion.
- Able to educate on "user errors" in order to empower Clients with additional technical know-how.
- Mindset of cleanliness, from physical cable management, leaving the workstation or site cleaner than when arrived or virtually on the desktop - keeping the solutions simplistic for the end-user.
- Excellent time management and dependability to be able to assess individual calendar and schedule appropriately based on Client needs and availability
- Troubleshooting, decision making, creativity and problem solving
- Diligent in recursively documenting site information and issues by providing clear and concise ticket notes
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated
- The ability to prioritize request based on business impact.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement.
- Technical Software Skills:
- Basic knowledge of BIOS, Software, Windows or Firmware Updates and Operating System Reinstallation
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite and O365
- General knowledge of navigating third-party applications to understand and/or diagnose issues
- Hardware Skills:
- General understanding of basic networking from a user workstation perspective
- Preferred general knowledge of on-premise Network Infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of computer/laptop hardware components and disassembly/reassembly
- Ability to use general tools to assist with equipment installs or replacements, network rack mounting, and other various mounting, assembly or disassembly
- Preferred ability to use general networking tools
Must be able to lift 50lbs
Must be organized and adaptable
Must be dependable and able to work independently
Must be able to multitask
Competitive salary with annual reviews.
Work-Life Balance with a focus on families.
Paid Time Off.
Dependant Care Flex Accounts.
Insurance options including Health, Vision, Dental, and Supplemental.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
CAREER DEVELOPMENT BENEFITS:
Elevate invests in learning and growth opportunities like continued education, brainstorming sessions, conferences, and community involvement.
Support for life goals development.
Tuition and Continuing Education Reimbursement.
MSDN Premium and an Azure allotment as Microsoft Gold Partner.
Opportunities for formal and informal training on new technologies.
Support for pursuing certifications.
Position: Field Technician
Know someone qualified for the job?
Share this posting with a friend!